Re: HTML Links on Evolution

Considering the implementations can't and won't be changed by tommorow
morning, what do you suggest? The tv analogy labels the opinions in a
wrong way. No, html is not disliked by some people because they insist
on using emacs and mutt, and avoiding X. Html is disliked because today,
for about the 3rd time this week, I had to clean off viruses and trojans
from 2 family member's PCs.
That also doesn't mean that html can't be used to make mail more
presentable, or has no use. However, you're not sending presentations to
mailing lists. This is exactly where the phrase 'simpler is better'
applies. No, html mail doesn't consume more of my bandwidth, eat more of
my cpu cycles, and doesn't hurt my eyes.
Just imagine for a second that everyone on the list starts using Outlook
Express templates in their postings, or adding smily's and avatars.
Wouldn't that be appealing?