For anyone looking for a DNS server..

Hi All,

Just thought I would share a killer DNS server I have recently found..

Its called MyDNS ( http://mydns.bboy.net ) and uses a MySQL backend for the zone data so as soon a change is made its live (after the cache expires) without having to relaod the server as is the case with BIND.. Its a piece of cake to setup and manage, it even comes with a PHP admin system.. Since it uses a MySQL backend you caould setup miltiple servers referencing the same MySQL data for redundancy or use MySQL replication of the DB if you want no single point of failure..

It also works with Postgres if you prefer..

The only "Gotcha" is that is does not support recursive lookups, but it does support refering the recursive lookups to another DNS server for resolution and then passes the result back to the client so you can easily refer recursive lookups to an ISP's DNS server... Most would not find this to be a problem becasue they would simply want to provide resolution for their own domains and client PC's would use an ISP's DNS server..

Later..