Cable modem problem

Hi Folks

Yesterday I had posted on a problem I have with the DHCP not responding to my cable modem setup.  I got a lot of answers but didn't change the situation.

My setup :
eth0 - local n/w
eth1 - cable modem, set to request for DHCP
The error is that I do not get a client IP.
(This was the error I had previously also.)

I went ahead and did a little more .. since this is a dual boot I booted windows and got my ip status. Then in Fedora I set it to the ip obtained via windows, set the gateway and subnet mask and the primary DNS and secondary DNS.  Activated it and it worked beautifully.

This means that my NIC is fine, the modem is communicating to the correct NIC.The only problem is now the DHCP client configuration.  In addition I also turned off Firewall and the DHCPD that was running on eth0.  No success.

Can someone help me on this now that I have been able to zero in that the only issue is setting up dhcp client.

Thanks
Srini