S.M.A.R.T. and Fedora

Hello list,

I see there's a server calld smartd. I know it monitors SMART system.

But my question is another one.

Trying with several identical machines, the performance would noticeably
drop down if you enable SMART on bios, during disk cloning (using norton
ghost). In fact, it has fallen to half-speed, compared with it has with
smart disabled on bios.

Is this difference as obvious in fedora? Will this smartd daemon make my
system slower?

Thanks for the info.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group