Re: Quest for linux supported Wireless

Gerry Doris wrote:

I've been trying to find a wireless solution that is supported under linux.

D-Link flat out say their products aren't supported.  LinkSys said there
are 3rd party drivers that will work with their products but they wouldn't
recommend them.

However, I see that NetGear do claim some of their products are supported
under linux.  I would appreciate anyone sharing their experience with
NetGear's products when using Fedora.  In particular, I'm interested in
their new 108MB/s WGT624 router and WG311T PCI card.

If NetGear isn't supported then what are people using???

Gerry

I have a Linksys WPC55AG PCMCIA card working perfectly in Fedora using MadWiFi kernel modules.
I have DLink DWL-520+ wireless PCI adapter that is running in RH9 (would have to research what I did to install this, it has been a while)
I have a Cisco Aironet PCI352 Wireless PCI adapter running in RH9 using Cisco's drivers

If there is something I can do to help you, just let me know.

My best suggestion would be to use Linksys and the MadWiFi modules that are available on DAG Repo.