RE: sendmail issues...

Am Do, den 04.03.2004 schrieb Don Levey um 22:01:
> fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > sendmail.cf is very critical, a space instead of a tabstop in it at
> > the wrong place and things go mad. That is one of the big advantages
> > using sendmail.mc and m4, either it fails and gives you error
> > messages or it will create a valid .cf file. So I doubt it was a
> > wrong sign inside sendmail.mc (space or wrong ticks `'), but I am
> > sure it was your sendmail.cf file copied with error(s) in it.
> >

> Unfortunately, this is not the case.
> I use sendmail.mc and m4, and it creates a sendmail.cf file without
> any error.  However, I am unable to start sendmail with this .cf
> file.  The m4 process seems to add 22 additional blank lines in the
> middle of the cf file (all at the same place, from lines 68 to 90).
> Manually deleting those lines permits sendmail to start correctly.
>
> So yes, sendmail.cf and its contents are absolutely critical, but
> m4 can complete without error and yet still produce an invalid
> sendmail.cf file.
>
>  -Don

Don,

then please file a bug report on bugzilla! m4 has to work problem free
and to create working .cf files. Please give me then your bugzilla
number and I will check whether I can reproduce it.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 22:19:33 up 13 days, 23:53, load average: 0.61, 0.45, 0.34
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]