Re: Memory use

does it uses swap space for accelerating everything too?? because now it has "eaten" all avilable memory and starts to "eat" swap space. Until this i've never seen anything in my swap partition, now there are 44M.

just wondering if there is a way to see how much each program uses memory

WipeOut wrote:
thedogfarted wrote:

After reboot system monitor shows i have more that 50% memory free, but the amount of memory used is slowly rising and now it's 4h after reboot and i have 100% memory used :(

Probably this is caused by some apps i use (possible candidates are xmms and xchat), is there some way to check it?

I wonder if someone else have such issues.

Yes, everyone will have this issue.. If their system is working properly anyway.. :)

As has been said many times before, linux makes use of all availible memory for caching which makes things run faster..

Later..