Re: NTP, ntpdate, and ISP-based firewall

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
At 12:17 3/4/2004, you wrote:

I'm not getting anything back.  Feh.  Doesn't deem to make a difference
whether or not I have iptables running.
Make sure you can type "iptables -L" and get a display with no rules and all policies set to ACCEPT.

It shouldn't matter. The tcpdump shows that the packets aren't even getting to his system. The default iptables doesn't get in the way of replies anyway. Even if it did, the tcpdump would have shown the server packet arriving and then iptables sending an ICMP prohibited reply.

I opened port 123 on my Linksys firewall
Make sure you open UDP/123 instead of TCP.

This, on the other hand, may be relevant.