Re: Samba Global

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 04:33:40PM +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> on the homes section...
>
>    comment = %U's Home Directory
>    browseable = no
>    writable = yes
>    valid users = %S  <-------
>    create mode = 0665
>    directory mode = 0775
>
> I prefer to have the %S there to expand on the users. If not mistaken
> this setting will enable the valid user to only see his own home directory.
> and not the other users.
>
> I may be wrong..

Almost right, only in your setup every home directory available and
currently in use on the server is listed as "david's Home Directory"
when I try it; %U expands to the username of the current user, not the
directory's owner. Will probably only be noticable on a multi-user setup,
like on a windows terminal services server.

David Jansen