Re: USB cf reader problem unmounting

> Message: 15
> Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 17:51:29 -0500
> From: Keven Ring <keven@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: USB cf reader problem unmounting
>
> Polashek, Matthew wrote:
>
> >/mnt/flash: device is busy
> >
> >Any idea why I might be getting this error?
> >
> >Matt

 I sometimes run into this error when unmounting floppies, and a lazy
unmount (umount -l) does the job.  I think it has to do with delays in
flushing buffers to disk, but this is just a guess.  Sometimes this is
needed, other times not.  Perhaps this will help you out?

From the umount manpage:

      -l     Lazy unmount. Detach the filesystem from the filesystem
hierarchy now, and cleanup all references to the filesystem as soon as
it is not busy anymore.  (Requires kernel 2.4.11 or later.)

Erik Hemdal