Re: Fedora the right choice?

At 14:35 3/3/2004, you wrote:
FYI, I'm running a 450MHz PIII box with 596MB memory as a small server doing
mail (POP and IMP webmail for user interface, sendmail as the MTA, and file
and print services for the PCs in the house).  Most of the time the machine
sits idle.  It's connected via a 100Mbps el-cheapo network card to the
broadband router.

Heh... I'm using two machines with Pentium (Classic) CPUs at 166MHz, 32MB of RAM, and a 1GB hard drive as firewall/gateway, DHCP, DNS, and NTP servers. One runs at my house, with three or four client machines behind it, and the other runs at my office with about 30 machines behind it. Both work like a charm, run Fedora Core 1 with my idea of a minimal install, and *still* sit idle most of the time.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com