Re: Installation Ok, bot nothing boot

Am Mi, den 03.03.2004 schrieb FrÃdÃric Bournival um 22:26:
> Hello,
>
> my installation of Fedora is succesfull, but GRUB
> don't want to boot anything after it ...

Better describe your problem in future better. What happens exactly? You
may also post your /etc/grub.conf.

> When i was installing the system, Fedora was seeing
> 2 drives, not only one RAID drive ... is that a problem ?

It might! If you have no other system on your drives installed, like a

The problem is, that those onbaord "RAID" controllers are no real
hardware controllers. It is just BIOS supported software RAID and the
RAID feature only works through software driver support.

How did you install Fedora? Did you set up software RAID? Did you
install just on 1 harddrive?

> My system is:
>
> - Intel 865PE Neo2 Series
> - 2 hard drives in Serial ATA in Hardware RAID1

Did you load any driver for having RAID support during installation?

> - An other thing is that my BIOS see the drive in Primary Slave.

For Linux (and Windows[tm]) they are 2 drives until a driver emulates
RAID.

> Thank you very much for your answers !!!
>
> Fred

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 22:36:17 up 13 days, 10 users, load average: 0.56, 0.42,
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]