Why can I only get 60Hz refresh rates with my 845G/865G?

Hello,

	I have the trouble explain by David Dawes in is page
http://www.xfree86.org/~dawes/845driver.html. The bug is fixed since january
25. From the CVS it seems to be the patch 738
http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/i810/i830_driver.c?rev=1.48&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&sortby=date

To resolve my trouble I need to compile XFree86 version 4.3.99 and above.
First I just tried to add a patch to patch the file i830_driver.c, where the
trouble is fixed, then do a rpm -bb XFree86.spec from the rpm src. But it
seems that more than one files needs to be patch, but I don't know wich ones.
So that was the easy way. The long way is to compile a XFree86-4.4.0.

Is there a rpm already done for Fedora Core 1?
I don't wan't to install Fedora Core 2 before it's official release.

I could compile XFree86-4.4 and installed it to /usr/local, but how can I use
XFree from /usr/local instead of /usr?

Any thought would be appreciated, my screen give me headache right now, I
can't work anymore like this.

Thanks.