Re: Fedora the right choice?

Hi George,

First thing, do NOT hijack other people's thread! For users using threaded sorting like me, and trust me we are quite a few, your message appears right in the middle of someone else's thread.
It is good practice to start a new message and address it to the list.
You will make other users happy and won't get flamed for that ;-)

I am building a server to do several things.
Good, linux is a true multitasking os

Host a simple website and web
forum,
Shoul not be any problem

host a voice communications utility
can't help you wiht that

and run a multiplayer game
good os choice as well

server for about 20-25 people. FYI system specs P4 1.4ghz, 1GB ram.
Cannot see any issues with that either

I can easily get this going on a windows server which is what I do for a living.
But in an effort to force myself to learn and get more experience with Linux
I would like to commit to running this box with Linux.
welcome to the community!

I'm planning on doing this the command
line route all the way. I am assuming if I install this OS minus the GUI
I'll have extra resources for the box to do its thing.
Are you used to the CLI, this is no tedious task you are contemplating

As a Linux novice, anything I should know or look into, be aware of, etc
that people on this list can recommend to me will be greatly appreciated!
Your best bet is to read this list archive whenever you have a question, use
www.tldp.org
fedora.artoo.net
fedoranews.org etc
If you can't find what you are looking for, ask here

Good luck and enjoy!

T.