RE: Samba What a struggle

Here is a suggestion...

Do a simple setup and make sure everything works then add security/etc as nesessary

/etc/samba/smb.conf

workgroup = WORKGROUP
hosts allow = 127. 192.168.1. < this should limit to your local subnet, if you don't know what that is then leave it commented out>
security = share

host

[testshare]
 comments = test share
 path = <some directory that is already created, full pathname from root>
 public = yes
 writable = yes
 create mask = 0777

then