Re: Samba What a struggle

Chris Botha wrote:

Dear Fedora users. I am having my days with Fedora setting up Samba. I work according to the manuals and follow the basic instructions but with no hope. It refuses me to access the server.

The things that I set was : Workgroup, server string, password with unix=yes, etc. Well I cant get it to ask for my password and username to grant me access to the server. Got any suggestions or settings that I should look at?

Thank you in advance.

Chris

Give Webmin ( http://www.webmin.com ) a go

Ii sorted all the problems for me including apache, mysql, proftp and firewall.

Bart Kalita  MCP

Registered Linux user #347493   Fedora Core 2

www.bart-domain.com    www.astradine.no-ip.org