Enable Yum As A Nightly Service

I'm having trouble getting yum to update nightly. I have a check in the box found under Redhat->System Settings->Service->yum, but it's not actually doing the updates, I checked yesterday by doing a manual yum update and seeing the list that were available, but choosing "N" (No) to see if the machine was doing it on its own. I'm checking now, and those same updates are available along with the kudzu update. I'm guessing there is something else that must be done to get yum to carry out the updates automatically each night besides putting a checkmark in that box -- what have I omitted? The current status is:

"Nightly yum update is enabled."

I found the following URL included a "patch" to the /etc/yum.conf file, but I haven't seen other folks' yum.conf patched in this manner.

http://www.muug.mb.ca/fedora-updates.html

I also searched Fedoranews.org, but didn't find a solution to this specific problem.

Clint
--
Clint <clint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>