Email Servers? Basic advise needed.

Hi,

Postfix was also for me (also newbie) a good proposal, you get a (it is
always relative...) secure mailserver, if you follow some rules.

The proposal for the IMAP-accounts having mbox-format or maildirs wasn't
what pleased my needs, so i tried Cyrus, which is a blackbox-imap-server.
Further information you find in http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/imapd/ a
download in src.rpm for FC1 is at
http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/ . As i have seen, the
Cyrus-Imap-Daemon is also included in FC2 Test 1, so i look forward
finding it also in the Stable-Release.

BTW if you have 1400 accounts, i could be your mailserver, it supports
also several types of authentication etc. an lmtp-transfer to the
mailboxes (supported as standard in postfix too..)

HTH
Roger