Re: cannot run script

I got the script to work just fine.

However, I would suggest you change the way you execute it.

Instead of using the command sh querykernel.sh, I recommend you chmod the file so it is executable and run it direct.

An example of how to do this would be

$ chmod 755 querykernel.sh
$ ./querykernel.sh

The script runs but it takes a second for data to be displayed to screen

Thank you,
Andrew Robert
Principal Systems Analyst
TS&S Infrastructure Support
Massachusetts Financial Services

thedogfarted wrote:

the script seems buggy (it doesn't displays some information correctly) but it didn't cause any errors

Richmond Pabilona wrote:

Hi guys,
I got this script from this list and named it querykernel.sh but everytime i would try to run it using ( $sh querykernel.sh) it gives me a command error.

#!/bin/sh
#
# The purpose of this script is to query which kernel
# is currently running on your system...
#
#
# July 25, 2003 by Ed Gurski (ed@xxxxxxxxxx)
#
KERNEL="`uname -r`" # Get the name of the current kernel
UPTIME="`uptime`" # Determine how long the system has been running
RPM="`rpm -qa|grep kernel\*|sort`" # Show all installed kernels on this system
clear
echo ""
echo $UPTIME|
while read a b c d e f
do
echo "As of $a the system has been up for $c days and $e hours"
done

echo ""
echo "The running kernel is      =====> $KERNEL"
echo ""
echo "The Kernels installed on this system are:"
echo "$RPM"
echo ""

--
Thank you,