Re: Lock Up

Guy Bouchard wrote:
I am newer than you on Linux but try some parameter.

When i installed fedora i had to use the no-hlt parameter to make it work.

When i run fedora for the first time it was locking up. I need to add the no-hlt parameter in the startup file. I think it was in the /boot/grub/ directory but i am not sure. Hope this help.

"no-hlt" goes at the end of the "kernel" line in /boot/grub/grub.conf

chris stringer a écrit :

I am new to Fedora Core and am having trouble geting
it to run on my laptop. I have a Compaq Presario
2580, 40GB, 512 MB 802.11g 10/100NIC, CDRW/DVD. I
have loaded the program, configured boot to dual boot
with Win XP (The borg). When I select Fedora from my
boot list it starts and then freezes DIRECTLY AFTER
THE SCREEN SAYS LOADING LOCAL DRIVES.
If anyone has information on how I can fix this eror
I would greatly appriciate the help. I love linux,
and had it running on my old Dell laptop, Redhat 8.0. I can run a live eval of SuSE 8.1, so I dont think it
is a campatability issue, but I still cant configure
Feora to run.

Please help me.

=====
Chris Stringer