Re: Install problem

A couple questions:

1. are you able to use vi to edit a text file?
2. do you know which partitions (e.g. /dev/hda1) you're using? Most specifically, your FC1 root "/" partition?

If so, then you can probably boot from your FC1 CD into "rescue" mode to fix your grub.conf file.

Let us know, and we'll go from there.

Polashek, Matthew wrote:

Hi!
I just installed fedora on my machine and when booting after the
install I get a GRUB> prompt instead of the normal bootloader GUI screen. I
had Fedora working and then I added a second hard drive before the install
and I think that might be the problem. Any ideas? I have been thinking it
might be the order of the drives on the IDE cable.

--
Mitch Wiedemann
mc² Computer Consulting