Re: palm pilot m100 to fedora

Here are the general steps:

1. make a symlink from your actual device to /dev/pilot
So, if your cradle is connected to serial port 1 you could do:
ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/pilot

2. Make sure that you have read/write permissions to the device your cradle is connected to. Then, make sure again. This is the most common blunder.

3. Set your desktop software preferences (I use jPilot) to use /dev/pilot.

Timothy Polashek wrote:

Hello

What are all the steps needed to get this palm to work with fedora via
usb?  I know it has something to do with dev/pilot, but that's all I
know at this point