Printing to Windows printer

I am trying to print to a printer connected to a Windows XP system
from Linux, but I can't get it to work.  It worked in RedHat 9.  I
configured the printer with printtool.  Sending a test page from the
printtool shows:

  Connection failed with error NT_STATUS_ACESS_DENIED

Here is what I get when using smbclient to connect to the remote
printer (there is no password):

$ smbclient '\\192.168.1.103\hpdeskjet'
Password:
Domain=[HOME] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
smb: \> dir
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \*

                0 blocks of size 0. 0 blocks available
smb: \> quit

In smbclient, I can send a file to the printer using `put <filename>'.

Has anyone got this working?

  Keith