Re: FC1 as a server but NOT HP Proliant

Castelhano, Dan a écrit :

Hey,

Are you using the ext3 filesystem? Have you upgraded to the latest bios and
raid firmware for your proliant servers? I had a few problems with my hp's
about six months ago where they would randomly crash when using ext3 (didn't
crash when using ext2).

After hours spent talking to their software and hardware folks - where all
the did is blame each other - all my problems disappeared one day when I
updated to their latest firmware.

-dan

Hi,
It's working but ...
If it's a critical production environment, and if you plan to contract
support whith HP, forget it !
I do have a problem with a G3 server which crash after 2 weeks in
production mode.
Since I have an other G3 as office server which run perfectly, I'm quite
sure that it's a hardware problem, and I have standard 3 years garanty

from HP.

So I called them, and I have been told that they don't care about my
problem because of FC1 !!!!!!!!
They just told me to install RH8 which is the last "open" release
supported, or to by RedHat ES3 !.
Not really what I expected from such a company ! ( why do not install
WFW3.11 ??? )

If somebody has an other feed back HP, please let me know !
Regards.
Gaetan Yavorsky.

Yes, I am using ext3.
Did I look about the firmware release ? no, because they are only 2 months old, and I
(badly ? ) supposed that they were uptodate. But I'm going to have a look about it.
Thanks
Gaetan