Re: Reading Live SMB Files

Am Fr, den 27.02.2004 schrieb Adam Voigt um 18:44:
> So where exactly would I setup what each user on the local system maps
> to on the network server?

Sorry, I don't know. But I know it's possible, I have used it once. I'll
try to ask the guy who set up these computers. Mounting was done ether
with autofs (see
http://freespace.sourceforge.net/guidod/howto/autofs.html) or on
login/logout. Authentication was done via PAM_SMB (
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied/pam_smb/) I think.

>  Like if I have user on the local system "bob",
> how do I map that to his network username "bob.johnson" and where do I
I'm not sure if this will work, there was a long discussion about
usernames with dots on this list and I haven't followed this discussion.
Search the archives (at gmane.org, for redhat's search seems to be down)
please.

> store his password?

BTW: If you want linneighborhood (as someone suggested) you can
a install from http://dag.wieers.com/packages/linneighborhood/

That's all can say, sorry not to be more helpful.

Christoph