Re: Reading Live SMB Files

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 15:22, Dean Mumby wrote:
> I have also tried unsuccessfully to use this great ap , from what I have
> seen it seems that for some reason it is unable to resolve the ip
> address of the samba server / workstation , if you check the command
> that gets issued you will see that it has an empty ip= field , removing
> this field or inserting the ip and the command works , hopefully someone
> with some knowledge will pick this up and fix it .
>
> Dean

You lost me, Dean. 'LinNeighborhood', located in '/usr/bin', is a
binary. What file/command are you referring to and where did you see
this? When I start 'LinNeighborhood' from a term, I don't see this
running in the background.

I've looked the system over, referred back to the RPM to check every
file installed. I can't find anything that refers directory to this
problem. It has to be a change in the Samba client or related network
support because this happens on both WBEL (RHEL) and Fedora. RH 9 works
fine. Hmmm....just plain sucks, ya' know? Thanks for letting me know it
wasn't just me. :0)

Paul