Re: Reading Live SMB Files

The whole point is to make this as easy for someone coming over to
Windows as possible, and if every time someone sits down at a computer,
I have to open a terminal and manually mount the share, or manually edit
the fstab for the new user sitting there, it's useless.

They don't want to have to open the mount manager and mount 18 different
shares they need free access to. They want to be able to browse the
"Network Servers" manager, just as if they would "Network Neighborhood"
on Windows. And they don't mind the current "Network Servers" browser,
it works almost perfectly, they are very comfortable with it, with the
exception of certain files not being able to be opened without copying
to the HD first.

--

Adam Voigt
adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx