Nedit question

Hi.

I am new to Linux and a french speaking guy.

French character like éÉèì are working fine everywhere on FC1.

Nedit can show those character see next line:

vélo, recumbent, allongé

BUT

I can't get them from my keyboard ONLY in Nedit (got them everywhere else).

Here what i got in Nedit when i try to type french character:

é�è

Is it possible to correct this?

I like Nedit because i can save my html files in DOS format. I can share them easily between my machine and wife's windows machine.

Thanks!

--
Guy Bouchard
383 Rang 6