Re: FC2 test 1 boot floppies

Adam Kosmin <akosmin@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Has anyone made these? I'd like to upgrade my laptop which runs FC1 and
> I have no intention of using a cd. If not, I'd be happy to make my own
> but could use some pointers to some helpful documentation if it exists.

The kenel in FC2 is too big to fit on a floppy.  Its something of a
problem at the moment.

The normal top level images directory for FC2 install does not
contain a boot floppy like is normally provided for that reason.

There was an extensive discussion of this on fedora-test list that
describes several ways around it.  Once you find them you'll wonder
why you ever used a boot floppy .. at least I did.

The thread begins with this message and under indicated subject: