Re: DHCP failing in FC1

>> I had a similar problem connecting FC1 to my set-top-box, the solution
>> was to add the line
>>
>> ifconfig eth0 up
>>
>> to the /etc/init.d/network script at the beginning.  It works OK now.
>> Hope this helps.

    Thanks for your answer, Steve.  However I do not know if that
would help me --- you have just eth0, right?  I have eth0:1, eth0:2,
eth0:3, and eth1 (a wireless link) --- yes, I did not mention this
before.  I do not want to enable any of them at startup by default,
because most probably it will be the wrong one.

    Which brings me to another question: I'd like also the boot
process to stop and ask me "do you network and, if so, which
interface"?  But I do not want to fiddle around with the startup
scripts, because a reinstall would force me to redo the work.  Is
there any option in any configuration file which would allow me to do
this?  Setting that option would be a minimal effort.

        MCL

[...] put Windows back into its place as an overpriced Nintendo.