Re: hard drive

gm wrote:

Hey guys, I have this hard drive that I got from another system, I was
wondering if fedora has a tool to check the hard drive for errors, aka scan
disk, etc. Thanks

How you do it depends on if you need to keep the data.

If you have no use for the data that exists, you can do a format with destructive badblock testing that will do a write/read test.

If you do not want to wipe the data, then e2fsck (and most of the fsck flavors) has the -c option to do read-only testing for bad blocks.

Fsck is closest to scandisk.