Re: cifs mount no read/write

Harry Putnam wrote:

Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

This has an error.   Mount requires the options BEFORE the device
being mounted.
Maybe that is the problem since it does not apply your options to the
mount command.

SYNOPSIS
      mount [-lhV]
     mount -a [-fFnrsvw] [-t vfstype] [-O optlist]
      mount [-fnrsvw] [-o options [,...]] device | dir
      mount [-fnrsvw] [-t vfstype] [-o options] device dir

Maybe you didn't notice the command line is `mount.cifs' not `mount' The syntax is different and it doesn't throw an error plus the share gets mounted.

mount.cifs

Usage: mount.cifs <remotetarget> <dir> -o <options>

I noticed, but I do not have cifs installed.
I used the information available, and should have noted that I could not explicitly test the mount.cifs command.
My apologies.