Re: Empty /tmp when shutting down

Robert Vangel wrote:

You could create a init script in rc6.d and rc0.d which does an

rm -rf /tmp/* /tmp/.*

I don't think it has one built in though

Coume - Lubox.com wrote:

Hello,
Is it possible to empty the /tmp directory when I shutdown my laptop?
If I remember well, I was doing that under MDK but I cannot remember how
:/

Thxs in advance
Ludo

Better yet - check out tmpwatch. And there is a daily cron job which cleans out temporary files more than a certain number of hours old. See /etc/cron.daily/tmpwatch and edit the times there if you want to delete them sooner. In any case there is a mechanism to delete old temp files and that is where it is controlled. So you could do nothing and know that the /tmp files will be deleted in 10 days.

Chris

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021