Re: Automatically loading ip_conntrack_ftp on restart?

Jonathan Gardner wrote:

I've tracked down my FTP server woes to needing ip_conntrack_ftp loaded to function properly. What is the proper way to configure my system so that ip_conntrack_ftp gets loaded when my vsftpd server gets started, and unloaded when it gets stopped?

I am sure something similar should exist for other ip_conntrack_* modules.

It does exist, but is not loaded and unloaded as services like vsftpd are started, which is unnecessary.

Edit /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config.  Uncomment and edit the line
#IPTABLES_MODULES=""

to be

IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_conntrack_ftp"

Then when you reboot or "service iptables restart" the module will be loaded.

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021