Re: vmailmgr on FC 1

On Feb 24, 2004, at 2:33 PM, fedora-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

http://megaz.arbuz.com/?p=qmail_howto

Thank you very much; I've clipped the vital part of it, so that if other people look for the same problem, they know what's going on:

Warning! The current version of VMailMgr does not compile on gcc version 3. Konstantin Riabitsev was kind enough to send me a patch that makes vmailmgr 0.96.9 compile on gcc3. The patch can be downloaded from . To apply the patch, cd into the vmailmgr directory and type "patch -p1 < vmailmgr-0.96.9-gcc32.patch". If you don't want to use the patch, you must install an earlier version of gcc (gcc 2.95.3 is a good release) if you want to compile VMailMgr. Overall, it is a good idea to install gcc 2.95 anyway, especially if you want to build mySQL, mod_perl or apache from sources. There is a separate guide that I wrote on how to install gcc 2.95.3 on Linux. It is accessible from

So, now we know. I'm off to go patch-hunting.

Steven