Re: Hard disk issues

> My questions:
> 1. How do I mount the second hard drive to create one continuous volume
> available
> to the user space?
>
> 2. Is it possible to mix SATA and EIDE? I would like to install a third
> 250Gb EIDE drive
> in the last available bay.
>
> 3. Does the output of SMARTD look ok or does it suggest a problem with one
> of the drives?
>
> Thank you very much for any suggestion you can offer me.
>
> Gabriel.

> Say good-bye to spam, viruses and pop-ups with MSN Premium -- free trial
> offer! http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/

My answers:
1. Logical Volume Management (LVM) would allow you to do this. Another
option would be a RAID card with JBOD (Just a Bunch of Discs) support.
Use 3ware if you want to be able to boot from the volume. It's the only
manufacturer that I'm aware of with true hardware RAID.

2. Yes

3. To my untrained eye it appears that you have a problem. (Sorry I'm
not more of a help on this one.)

Wayne Steenburg