Re: Adding new vendor/product ID to an existing USB driver.

Malcolm Northcott wrote:

And a follow-on question, assuming I get the camera working, what is a
good application for grabbing USB-web-cam images.

gtkam works well for me as a simple GUI for gphoto2.

Since you can specify the camera to gphoto2 explicitly, that should work once you find out what the equivalency is, although 'autodetect' in gtkam probably won't work. Their site is http://www.gphoto.org/