Re: If you were building Linux Mail servers...?(what hardware?)

Em Ter, 2004-02-24 às 01:51, Pedro Fernandes Macedo escreveu:

> We're rebuilding the mail system now because our current system is based
> on only one machine ( 2.4Ghz P4 with 3 ide disks , 1Gb ram). It's load
> is always high , because the disks arent fast enough
> to feed the imap server and then everything starts to fail... If the
> disks were faster , this machine would handle everything fine (it runs
> sendmail , spamassassin , UW imap , http and mailman on redhat 9).
> Normal load is 4.0 , but it raises to 8.0 during peak hours..

Oi Pedro,

how's the memory usage? You can minimize I/O and help those slow hard
drives just by putting more RAM on it, for cache and buffers..

Where do you study anyway? Just curious, is nice to know where Fedora is
being used here in brazil (e não sei porque estou perguntando em inglês,
deve ser a insônia :-)
--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group