Re: Sis 630 and Fedora Core 1

On 23/02/04, at 20:39 -0300, Alexandre Strube <surak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Any issues with it? (Sis 630 vga) I recommended Fedora for a friend, and
> now he won't stop calling me asking for help with this board, but
> doesn't know how to explain the X errors for me, so I'm stucked unless
> I'll go there. As fedora archives are not browseable for now and google
> returns anything useful (!)..

Fedora own XF86Config file sucks terribly. Download Thomas Winischoffer
one and replace your /etc/X11/XF86Config.

http://www.winischhofer.net/linuxsisvga.shtml#download

Direct link: http://www.winischhofer.net/sis/XF86Config-4.example

My laptop uses Sis630 and there was a huge problem w/ the XF86Config
file. After I replaced w/ the above, everything was fine! :-p

You might also wanna replace the line

Option		"XkbLayout"	"de"

Option		"XkbLayout"	"us"

if you don't use a German keyboard!

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student.

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: slsbdfc at nus dot edu dot sg /
didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg