Re: test

Mark wrote:
I've also been having strange problems with the list. Lately I've been seeing replies to questions before I even get the original email, and also some posting dont show up for a while.

T. Ribbrock wrote:

Apologies for the test mail, but I see mail in the archive that I never
got... Something wrong with the list?

It looks like the redhat.com servers got backed up earlier today. There was a number of hours where no new messages came through, but then they started up again this afternoon.

The non-original ordering is consistant with an smtp server somewhere working it's way through a backlog of cached messages.

SMTP doesn't really try to guarantee timely or in-order delivery... just that your message will either be delivered or returned.