Re: Problems with DVD burner

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 22:09, Peter Morris wrote:
> I have Fedora Core 2 RC1 and a MCI DVD Burner.
> The led on the front of the burner is blinking constantly (since I put
a blank disk in) The disk will not eject and attempts to use either
DVD-RECORD or GROWISOFS fail. with an inability to open the disk.

> Any ideas (this may not strictly speaking be a FC2 issue.)

I have had the same problem with xcd-roast and a Sony DVD Burner, and
only a hard reboot would eject the disk.

I think my problem was that the nautilus cd-burner was launching
automatically by default (scarily windows-like behavior), often after a
considerable delay, and hanging up the system when I had already opened
xcd-roast to use the drive.  I disabled the auto launch in nautilus and
haven't had the problem since.

Bill