Re: Back-rev kernels do not appear in GRUB menu

Erik Hemdal wrote:

Sure... you yourself answered your question with the use of the word "update". If you did "rpm -Uvh" instead of "rpm -ivh" that would explain your problem...

Yes, this is what I did.  I should have caught that -- guess I'm
asleep.  Interesting that yum does the same by default, something I
really don't want it to do.   Thanks for the reminder!

Yum by default does use -i for kernels, which is the generally desired behavior. (You don't want to remove an old kernel until -after- you've successfully booted into the new one.)