Re: APT Howto

Panu Matilainen wrote :

> On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Telmo Silva wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > can anyone tell me where can I find apt repositories for fedora in
> > Portugal? I have yum configured with Portugal mirros, but can't
> > configure apt!
>
> I don't know if there are any apt-enabled Portugese mirrors of Fedora,
> best shot might be picking up the nearest one from here:
> http://www.fedora.us/mirrorlists/fedora.us-fc1-mirrors.list

There is a Portuguese mirror which carries Fedora as well as all my
freshrpms.net packages : ftp://ftp.pt.freshrpms.net/
If you want to use apt with it, just replace ayo.freshrpms.net in all
your existing paths with ayo.pt.freshrpms.net :-)

http://ayo.pt.freshrpms.net/

> > Can yum repository be apt repository? How do I do this?
>
> Unfortunately not. Light at the end of tunnel however, there's a common
> repository metadata specification being created (meaning all compliant
> depsolvers can be used to access a given repository), the version 1 of the
> spec is out, it's just the implementations which are non-existing at the
> moment.

I'll try to add the metadata generation to ayo.freshrpms.net soon, but for
the actual apt client-side implementation, we're still relying on you, Panu
;-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.6.2-1.81
Load : 0.00 0.05 0.26