Re: installin java SDK

I've got the java SDK from a cd magazine
"j2sdk-1.4.2-nb-3.5-bin-linux.bin"
here what I get when runnin it :

root@localhost java]#
./j2sdk-1.4.2-nb-3.5-bin-linux.bin

InstallShield Wizard

Initializing InstallShield Wizard...

Preparing Java(tm) Virtual Machine...
...root@localhost java]#

sadly it stops there, when normally it should pop up a
window
done this on RH9 successfully

 --- Paul <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit : >
Hi,

> >  I 've tried install Java Sdk bin executable
> (logged
> > as root and chmod +x thefilee) but with no success
>
> > though had no trouble installin it on red hat 9
> and
> > executed netbeans IDE
>
> It should get installed to /usr. You then need to
> alter /etc/bashrc to
> include
>
> JAVA=/usrjava/j2sdk1.4.2_03
> PATH=$JAVA/bin:$PATH
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$JAVA/lib:$LD_LIBARY_PATH
> INCLUDE=$JAVA/include:$INCLUDE
> MAN_PATH=$JAVA/man:$MAN_PATH
>
> export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH INCLUDE MAN
>
> Should work then.
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul
>
> --
> "Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be
> wrong with authority"
> Dr Who

name=signature.asc