Re: Fedora Core 2

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Chris Desjardins wrote:

> Hi my name is Chris.  I am new to the list.  I have a quick question.  I
> want to try out Fedora Core 2.0 on my computer.  How do I do this?  I only
> know how to install via cds...can someone help me?
> Thanks,
> Chris

just being pedantic, but it's not fedora core 2.  it's the very first test
release, test1, of FC2.  i think it's important to draw that distinction
for a couple reasons:

1) so you have realistic expectations that there will be bugs, and that
   you don't do something mad like use it for your corporate, mission-
   critical server, and

2) when you do run into the inevitable bugs, you don't run around bad-
   mouthing it, accusing red hat of releasing a steaming pile of crap

it's a test release -- treat it that way.

rday