Re: Internet Connection

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 00:32, Thomas C. Hartman wrote:
> I cannot get connected to the Internet.  This is the first time I have
> ever used Linux please if there is anyone who can help me contact me
> ASAP.  I am working on a cable home network.  Thank you.
>

> Dave

Dave,

Using Linux with RoadRunner is pretty easy. I assume that you have an
ethernet card connected to your cable modem with the cable supplied by
RR.

Log in as root and select System Settings -> Network from the Redhat
Menu (the red fedora on the bottom panel).  Find the interface usually
eth0 and check the DHCP box.  Save the settings and IIRC you should in a
terminal window run the command 'service network restart' (without the
quotes).

Bob...
---
Bob Chiodini