Re: Nvidia drivers make Fedora unstable..

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Patrik Malmström wrote:

> Didier Casse wrote:
>
> >On 18/02/04, at 00:34 +0100, Patrik Malmström <popsork@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> >>Hello, I've having a problem with Fedora (my graphicdrivers?), when I
> >>install Nvidia graphicdrivers for my Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 fedora becomes
> >>very unstable, hangs very very often :/..
> >>What can that depend on?
> >>

> >For Nvidia drivers, you should install rpms from www.livna.org
> >
> >I posted some time ago Nvidia troubles reply. Read here:
> >
> >http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-February/msg03251.html
> >
> I downloaded them and installed them..
> But it gets unstable again :(..
> Almost like Windows 95/98, very anoying because I though Linux was
> veeery stable..

Why don't you tell someone who can actually help, like Nvidia maybe. Only
they have the src for both their drivers and the kernel you are trying
to run.

In reality I have heard that they are actually pretty responsive wrt fixing
problems with their stuff.

Tom