Re: XFree86 License Change

Aaron Matteson wrote:
Preston became daring and sent these 0.9K bytes,

El Martes, 17 de Febrero de 2004 07:32 AM, David Balazic escribi?:

Note that the old licence is valid until 4.4.0RC2 , only 4.4.0RC3 has the
new licence.

But, basically the XFree will contnue being Open Source and free, whats the difference? I cant underestand the problem yet.

from what i have been able to gather from the couple minutes i have
looked at this, the new license seems to demand permission for any
distribution and subdistribution. There seems to be a few otehr problems
hinting but i need to read the license further. What a pain in the ass.

Read this morning on Slashdot that other distros are not going to support 4.4 due to this problem. I think Debian is backing out of 4.4 and going back to 4.3.

--
Robin Laing