Re: how do others deal with /var during upgrades?

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 12:27, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   i recall this being a long-time issue in the Filesystem Hierarchy
> Standard (FHS), with a proposal for a /srv directory structure for things
> to be served, like web and ftp data, but nothing ever came of that (i
> still haven't gotten around to reading the final 2.3 release of the FHS).

/srv is defined here (Yay!):
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#SRVDATAFORSERVICESPROVIDEDBYSYSTEM

>   thoughts?

Hopefully it should solve itself once everyone supports FHS 2.3.
Creating your own /srv sounds like a great idea to me.  Shouldn't be too
much trouble to change /var to /srv in a few places.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/