Re: Problem with Perl and Fedora Core 1

Dave Mendez wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have been using RH Linux on our network for over 7 years now and we have been testing out Fedora Core 1 on a machine and have been pleased so far. However we have run into a problem that I think is related to Fedora since we never have had the problem in the Red Hat distros. The problem we are having is with Perl 5.8.1. For the most part Perl works fine but a lot of our programs in perl use the command “exec” in the script. For example here is a line of code from a program called /usersearch.pl/:

if ($status == 1)

{
            print “Name Found\n”;

}

else

{

            exec “namelookup.pl”

}

Try to use "eq" to compare between numbers. The "==" is used for string comparing. Maybe it isn't getting into the right way.

[]'s

--
Alexandre Lima de Abreu, RHCE, LPIC-2
http://www.proteus.com.br